Spring Expo (Feb. 19th)
The Fourth Annual Supply Chain Exploration Expo will be held on Thursday, February 19th from 11am-1pm in the Carlson School of Management atrium. The event will be attended by approximately nine companies including Polaris, Best Buy, General Mills, Land O' Lakes, Travelers, etc. This is a networking event hosted by the Supply Chain and Operations Club aimed to educate students about the different career possibilities that a supply chain degree can lead to.
Local Supply Chain Case Competition (March 6th)
Overview and Purpose:
The Undergraduate Supply Chain & Operations Student Club, and the Supply Chain & Operations Department at the Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota sponsors a 24-hour Case Competition for Undergraduate Students. The purpose of the Supply Chain & Operations Case Competition is to raise awareness of the areas of supply chain and operations as both a field of study and as a potential career path. The competition includes cash prizes totaling $7,500 with $4,000 awarded to the first place team, $2,000 for second, $1,000 for the third place team and $500 for the fourth place team.
Get your teams together! Teams of four undergraduate students with a minimum of one team member must be a declared Supply Chain & Operations Major.
Competition Summary of Events
• Monday March 2 - Team Prep Night is Monday March 3, 5:30- 6:30 pm. Immediately following Team Prep Night is a gathering of Supply Chain alums at Town Hall Brewery. All participants are invited to chat with alums and gather insights on how to be successful in the case competition
• Wednesday March 4 - Team Sign-Up is Wednesday March 4, 10 am in the SCO Department office – CSOM 3-150. First come first served. The competition includes the first 12 teams to sign up.
• Wednesday evening March 4 – Random draw for Team Presentation Times
• Thursday March 5 – Case Release. The 24-hour case is released on a staggered basis commencing at 9 am.
• Friday March 6 – Competition Day!
• Great learning experience!
• Cash prizes totaling $7,500 with $4,000 awarded to the first place team, $2,000 for second, $1,000 for the third place team and $500 for the fourth place team.
• Judges for the competition are business professionals from Corporate Sponsors.
• The winning team represents Carlson School at the 2015 National Undergraduate Supply Chain & Operations Case Competition held at Carlson School, April 15-18, 2015.
For more details, see the 2015 Supply Chain & Operations Case Competition Timeline and Rules document available in the main SCO Department office – CSOM 3-150.